Divo VideoMedia Entertainment
How Divo Video optimized their payment procedures and integrated a Bulk Payment Mechanism and Scheduled Payout Feature powered by serverless with AntStack
About Divo Video
Divo TV Private Limited is a leading digital media and music distribution company based in India that has scaled up to become a recognized industry leader with patronage across the globe.
They cover services across several dimensions, such as Rights Acquisition, Music Distribution, Royalty Management, Online Ad Management, Social Media Handle Management, and is a one-stop shop for the community of artists.
Divo Video Platform faced a significant challenge in managing revenue reports for its clients. The company had to handle multiple reports, which needed to be processed and uploaded to calculate revenue generated for each month. To ensure timely payouts to its clients, Divo Video Platform needed to process all the revenue generated for the previous month by the 10th of each month. This required effective handling of large amounts of data to determine the revenue generated by each client.
In addition to the revenue processing challenge, Divo Video Platform faced an issue with manual metadata sheet generation and cover art transcoding for different OTT platforms. This manual process was time-consuming and prone to errors, causing delays in the distribution process. The company needed a reporting dashboard where users could upload OTT reports and view the movies’ performance matrix.
- Automate the revenue report processing and management for Divo Video Platform’s clients.
- Develop a system to upload and process multiple reports to calculate revenue generated for each month and store it in the database.
- Ensure prompt payouts to clients by processing all the revenue generated in the previous month by the 10th of each month.
- Create an automated process for generating metadata sheets and transcoding cover-art images for different OTT platforms.
- Develop a reporting dashboard to track movie distribution data and its contents, which would allow users to upload the reports they received from OTTs and see the performance matrix of the movies.
- Reduce errors and time delays in the distribution process by automating manual tasks.
- Improve data accuracy and consistency by eliminating the need for manual data entry.
- Enhance data visualization to provide actionable insights and make data-driven decisions.
AntStack built the new platform using a microservices architecture, allowing each service to function independently while communicating with each other through APIs.
The core technologies used in the implementation included Node.js, React, MongoDB, and AWS services like Lambda, S3, and EC2. The platform also incorporates security features like HTTPS, encryption of sensitive data, and user authentication using OAuth 2.0.
The team employed an agile mindset throughout the development process, allowing for iterative testing and continuous improvement.
AntStack integrated CashFree payments as a dedicated third- party vendor for managing payouts for Divo. CashFree payments support direct transactions from some banks, without the need to use the wallet and recharge wallet, which facilitates the payout process.
Using CashFree’s robust APIs and functionality, AntStack was able to provide a streamlined solution for managing transactions, helping Divo focus on other critical business operations.
Customized Invoice Processing
AntStack collaborated with Divo to improve revenue processing by implementing custom Lambda functions.
After each report is uploaded, the revenue is stored in the database for future processing. On the scheduled date, the revenue for all clients is processed based on their GST compliance, either (REVENUE+GST-TDS) or (REVENUE-TDS), using a custom implementation of Bulk API and Scheduler.
Scheduled Payouts and Bulk Payments
Divo wanted to enable bulk payments for multiple clients in a single transaction and also schedule routine transactions.
AntStack revolutionized its payment process by leveraging the payout API provided by CashFree payments, which streamlined the payout process for bulk payments and single-customer payouts.
Additionally, AntStack proposed using Lambda to trigger events at scheduled dates and times for scheduled payments. These solutions enabled Divo to manage payments with unparalleled efficiency and effectiveness, resulting in significant savings of time and resources.
A startup within the organisation
The AntStack team is honored to have the privilege of continued collaboration with Divo, an innovative audio and video management company that lacked a technical team when our journey began. Our developers at the Antverse were able to leverage technical expertise to effectively understand and address the challenges faced by Divo, resulting in streamlined and precise video management and payout processes.
With the new platform in place, Divo was able to focus on other critical aspects of their business, providing an exceptional experience to their clients and continuing to thrive in a highly competitive industry.
Results that speak volumes
This collaboration between AntStack and Divo Video Platform personifies the value of leveraging expertise and technology to optimize business processes, streamline operations, and achieve a tremendous impact.
- Divo’s new platform delivers streamlined movie distribution across different OTT platforms.
- Improved data analytics and decision-making capabilities through the reporting dashboard.
- Role-based access control for better user management and security.
- The team achieved a 50% boost in efficiency through automated invoice generation.
- Integration of CashFree payments streamlined the payout process.
- The use of Lambda for scheduled payments enhanced the payment experience.
- The new mechanism for bulk payments allowed multiple clients to be paid in a single transaction.
In their words
Sivakrupa Jithendra Kumar
Product Manager, Divo